Guide to Raising Turkeys at Home
If you’re serious about Raising Turkeys for fun, hobby, or profit, there are a couple of questions you need to consider:
- How many types of species are there? Which one should I start with?
- How much does it cost to get started?
- What type of food does they eat?
- How do you feed them?
- When does it starts to mate?
- Are there any particular time that they mate?
- What enemies or predators do they have?
- When is their breeding or mating season?
- How do you raise baby-turkey with the mother in the brooder?
- How much space do you need for raising it?
There are many benefits for keeping them: for eggs, meat, exhibition, as rare breeds, just pets or business venture.
Whatever your reason for choosing these fascinating birds, you need to know how to raise them properly, from planning their birth to how to raise them properly.
Making a mistake when breeding them can be deadly for them, not to mention costly, frustrating and downright depressing.
You also need to consider:
- Are there any associations or organizations relating to them where you can get regular news about them?
- Are there any online forums or community where you can get support?
- How long do they mate and what do you need to do to be prepared for it?
- Why is it being aggressive towards you or another person?
Learn everything you need for your peace of mind and confidence.
Introducing… Guide to Raising Turkeys at Home
These honorable people in this field have raised, breed and hatched more than 250,000 turkeys and have encountered many challenges along the way!
You’re going to save time, money and frustration.
You’ll learn to avoid the mistakes and disastrous situations that you’ve been vulnerable to. Poor methods can also put you at high risk of a less than satisfactory relationship with it. Not to mention the potential health benefits it loses by not being able to understand their behavior.
The best part about this information is that anyone can do it and it’s easy!
Whether it is a tom, hen or a breeder, it doesn’t matter. The information and techniques apply to all heritage breeds and all ages.
In the Guide to Raising Turkeys at Home, you’ll learn:
- Where to start? – Be sure and clear of your intention for choosing this poultry species
- Are you ready to have it? – 10 important questions that deserve your consideration before you make the jump to get it (some people skip these and end up getting into a situation out of their hands!)
- Practical suggestions for deciding how much space you need -Ignore this and you could end up with a pretty uncomfortable situation!
- Different types of heritage turkey – Learn the amazing behaviors of different species situated at different continent
- Housing and Space needed – You’ll learn how to calculate the ideal area for your breeding to effectively maximize your potential for breeding while keeping them happy and healthy.
- Terminology and quick tips about it – You can save time and learn the language used by breeders and tips about them which all new breeders should know.
- Their behavioral notes – And how you can make sure you know what their natural behavior so that you are not surprise
Breeding and Breeder
- The Breeding Season – Discover the behavior changes during the breeding season to avoid being caught off guard
- Incubation -You’ll discover how many eggs to expect and what is the things to look out for during this critical stage
- Mating Habits – Why some of the individual bird pair for life and some don’t
- Breeders and Hatchery Guide – Where to find breeders that are nearest to your home with the best price
- Food and feeding – 3 things you MUST consider when providing food and how to feed them
- Hatching and eggs – How to keep the eggs safe while you’re gone
- Fatal mistakes – Why you would not want to waste your effort in focusing on the wrong method face by most turkey owners
Managing Them Effectively
- General Management Recommendations
- Diseases, ailments and preventions – How to ensure you are aware of the diseases and how to prevent it from being fatal. The quote “Prevention is better than cure” really applies here.
- Forums and experience breeder for support – Learn the place to get help when you need most and also the common questions encountered by beginners of even season turkey owner and breeder
- Learn the stages of development and what to expect when it grows – Discover the habitual change from eggs to tom or hen in the development cycle
- Sanctuaries for Holiday and Educational Visit – Discover the only place in the world where you are able to walk through the heart of a colony of nesting birds and be close with them. You will also get the witness poults hatching moment from this place!
- Associations, sanctuaries, organizations – You will be expose to additional information not mentioned elsewhere when you need it!
CLICK on the banner below for more details on Guide to Raising Turkeys at Home.
Guide to Raising Turkeys at Home