Are You Going to Win the Arms Race?
Take any 100 guys that walk into a gym, follow them, and check back in 5 years. You would be lucky to find more than 5 still making progress.
That’s 5%! Meaning 95% either fail or plateau.
How do the 5% do it? They know the importance of finding a great program and sticking to it. These 5% understand the need to progress in their workouts. They know that doing the same thing, the same way, over and over again will stop yielding results.
The Problem: Why You’re Missing the Train to Swolesville
In order to get to Swolesville you need to stop making the same mistakes that most guys make. You should walk into the gym without seeing the following:
- Dudes doing the same arm routine they learned from a fitness mag in high school.
- Guys doing 4 different exercises for the same muscle for the same amount of reps from the same angle.
- The functional trainer who says that he never does direct arm training because we never use our biceps-and-triceps in isolation.
- The inevitable pump set of biceps-curls as an afterthought after the routine is done.
- Cheating through every rep of every set.
The Solution: Biceps Workout: 2 Tickets To The Gun Show
- Volume. The total amount of work. There must be a sufficient amount of stimulus to provide muscle growth.
- Variety. Utilizing different exercises, angles, grips, and positions leads to the greatest amount of muscle damage.
- Metabolic Distress. Incomplete rest periods provide the proper hormonal environment to stimulate growth.
- Time Under Tension (TUT). The speed at which you lift and lower the weight is critical to booking your tickets to the gun show.
- Supercompensation Slingshot.
In a couple of years everybody will be talking about the Supercompensation Slingshot. With this powerful training method you will get more growth out of your stubborn arms than you ever thought possible. The concept of the slingshot stems from a technique that bodybuilders use to prep for a show. They combine an extremely low carbohydrate diet while hovering on the verge of overtraining to deplete their muscles of glycogen (energy). Then, a couple days before the show, they re-feed and the muscles are so starved for nutrients that they grow back much bigger and fuller than before.
The Biceps Workout: 2 Tickets To The Gun Show concept works on the same principle but is much safer and won’t make you hate life or puppies — unless you’re a cat guy and already hate puppies. If that’s the case, then this will make you hate cats. In this program you will train with more volume on your guns than you probably ever have before. You won’t ignore your other body parts, they’re going to be put into maintenance mode for the time being.
Instead of harsh dietary interventions, you’ll be changing the training to deplete your glycogen with a concept called overreaching (planned overtraining, done safely). After a period of planned rest your arms will slingshot back and grow bigger than you ever thought possible. You might have to cut some slits in your sleeves.
This training doesn’t act like one of those “lose weight fast” gimmicks that has you losing 5lbs of water weight in a week. The slingshot is a powerful mechanism but it takes time. For the 4 weeks of the program you may not gain any size. In fact you will probably lose strength.
Keep going — the farther you pull a slingshot back, the stronger the rebound.
After the 4 weeks the Supercompensation Slingshot starts to do its work. Starved for glycogen the brain sends frantic signals to the muscle to grow as quickly as possible to adapt to the cumulative stress it just went through. Eat right, lean back, relax, and enjoy the sleeve popping.
CLICK on the link below for more details.
Biceps Workout: 2 Tickets To The Gun Show