Beautiful Bonsai Secrets: How to Design, Grow & Care For It
Are you interested in growing beautiful bonsai trees?
Do you feel overwhelmed by the amount of information about it on the internet?
Would you like a step by step guide to help you grow and develop your miniature trees so that they are admired by your family and friends?
Do you have a limited budget and want excellent value for your money?
Introducing… Beautiful Bonsai Secrets: How to Design, Grow & Care For It
In Beautiful Bonsai Secrets: How to Design, Grow & Care For It, you’ll get the answers to the following questions:
- How do I start?
- Where can I grow it?
- What types of plants are suitable for it?
- What do I need to know about its design?
- What are its different styles?
- What tools and equipment do I need?
- How do I develop it?
- How do I choose a pot?
- What soil do I use?
- How do I prune it?
- How do I wire and shape it?
- What care does a bonsai need?
- How do I choose a suitable species of tree?
- What good sources of information are available on the internet?
The Beautiful Bonsai Secrets: How to Design, Grow & Care For It would teach the novice everything that is necessary for growing beautiful bonsai trees without being too wordy.
It was created as a valuable resource that more experienced cultivators could come back to again and again for good solid advice.
So whether you are now to the art of growing them or whether you have been growing them for some years, this book will be of great benefit to you.
So what kind of information can you expect to find in this guide?
The Beautiful Bonsai Secrets: How to Design, Grow & Care For It begins with a great introduction to every aspect of cultivating these beautiful little trees including –
- A tracing back into history to take a look at how this ancient art form, originally known as “pun-sai” came about.
- Why, in Asian cultures, growing these beautiful little trees is considered to be a high class form of fine art.
- How you as a grower can bring immense enjoyment to others with your creation and also create a soothing beautiful environment.
- How growing it is considered to be an exercise in patience and fortitude in Japan.
- How in Japan successfully growing it is considered to reflect highly valued personal characteristics.
- Why a Bonsai should not be thought of as a houseplant.
- Why you should never ever fall for buying a product called “Bonsai-Seed”.
- Why there is no such thing as a true sapling.
- Why it can sometimes be a bad idea to order on the internet.
- How to identify a true “yamadori” (which means collected from the wild).
- Why so many die shortly after you buy them from a seller and how to avoid these minor tragedies!
- How to find a reputable nursery or supplier that specializes in its cultivation no matter where you are in the world.
- What accessories a good nursery should sell.
- Why it is probably not a good idea to buy it from a supermarket, corner store or gas station plant mart.
- How to find a bona-fide bonsai club in your town or city that can lead you to quality its sources.
- How to identify strong nebari (the roots that can be seen above the soil) when buying the plant.
- How to judge its quality and health before you buy it by looking at the base and the crown.
- What the tapering of its trunk can tell you about the general health of the plant.
- How to cull branches from a shrubby example in order to start training it.
- How to grow them indoors.
- How to cultivate them outdoors.
- The best type of growing climate for pine, maple and juniper.
- How to protect your outdoor plant from the ravages of the weather when winter comes.
- What types are best suited to survive the humidity levels and consistent temperatures of indoor climates.
- An explanation of the temperamental nature of some types and how sudden changes of climate can kill them.
- Why sunshine is important to the health and beauty of almost every type of Bonsai.
- How to buy trees that are suited to particular environments.
- Why the Chinese Elm and Japanese Black Pine are good starters for beginners.
In Beautiful Bonsai Secrets: How to Design, Grow & Care For It, you’ll learn:
- How to decide whether a species is right for you to grow and whether or not it can actually thrive within your environment.
- How to choose trees that bear fruit or flowers.
- What size you want to grow.
- How to assess whether or not a certain “look” is right for you.
- How to use pictures of champion plants or photographs from gardens to inspire you to create a tree shape.
- How to turn an unkempt bush into a beautiful work of art.
- How to discern the visible balance of the branches to achieve a pleasing effect when you are pruning it.
- Why growing a tree that is perfectly symmetrical on both sides is not necessarily the most beautiful tree you can grow.
- How to cultivate a straight and tapering trunk to create the Formal upright or chokkan style.
- How to create the Informal upright or moyogi style that displays visible curves and bends.
- How to cultivate the Slanting style, also known as the shakan which has a trunk that grows at an angle.
- How to create the cascade or kengai style that makes it look like the tree is growing on the side of a mountain or over a winding stream.
- How to grow a plant in the semi-cascade or han-kengai style where the tree grows below the rim of the pot.
- How to train it in the Raft style or netsunanari style which makes the tree look as if it has fallen over.
- How to ensure that tree has “deadwood” elements so that it looks a little older.
- How to achieve a domed top to your tree so that it appears more aged.
- How to give it a rough trunk so that it appears older.
- How to visualize a triangle in order to help you train your tree so that it looks balanced in the end.
- Why “brutal pruning” is good for Bonsai-trees.
- What are the plants leaf “nodes” and when you should trim them.
- How to choose the right size of pot for it.
- How to trim the root ball by cutting away some of the roots.
- How to remove a tap root without damaging your tree.
- Why too much fresh air might actually be bad for its health!
- How to cultivate beneficial fungi and bacteria so that it will thrive from the roots upwards.
- How to kill it by fussing with it and trimming it too much.
- How to achieve the sparse “bare trunk” line of the bunjin-gi style.
- How to create the broom style or hokidachi style of branching using different varieties of elm.
- How to create the miniature forest in a pot known as the yose-ue.
- How to balance the roots over a rock to create the classic sekijoju style.
- How to put together a basic toolkit for cultivating it.
- How to clean your tools of the tree sap that regularly collects on them after you trim a tree.
- The best type of “cutters” to use for trimming the branches.
- Where to buy tools for cultivation.
- The one product you need to have on hand to make sure that your tree is sealed after pruning and less prone to infection!
- How to use a soil sieve to keep your plant healthy.
- What types of wire are best for training it (and no it is not that green plastic covered wire!).
- How to choose a pot that is to be your tree’s final long term home.
- All about the different shapes of pots that are available to you.
- What the best soil mix is to use so your trees will thrive.
- How to shape, wire and prune the tree after it is in the pot.
- How to water and feed your plant.
- How to repot your bonsai to give it more room to grow if necessary.
- How to propagate bonsai from seeds, cuttings, grafting and air layering.
CLICK on the link below for more details.
Beautiful Bonsai Secrets: How to Design, Grow & Care For It