Basic Homemade Soap Recipe That Makes Use Of Soap Scraps
Did you know that soap scraps can be recycled and used to make whole bars of soap again? It’s a fun activity that’s very easy to do. And because no harmful chemicals are used when recycling soap scraps, you can even turn this into a project to keep kids occupied. It’s also a good starting point for soap making newbies to start learning the process of making soap and getting a feel of what it’s like.
Here are the equipment you’ll need for this project. Most of these are readily available in your kitchen. Just make sure to clean them properly afterwards and that you don’t leave soap residue on them. You don’t want soap on your food.
Cookie mold or cookie press
Measuring cups and spoons
Here are the ingredients that you need to gather together:
1/2 cup soap scraps
1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 to 2 tablespoons of boiling water
1 teaspoon of your favorite spice for scent (cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, lemon etc.)
1 drop colorant (your desired color)
Here’s what you do:
1. Cut up the soap scraps into smaller pieces before putting them inside the blender. Blend together until scraps turn to crumbs.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together these ingredients: soap crumbs, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 table spoon of boiling water. If the soap crumbs look very dry, you made add 1 more tablespoon each of vegetable oil and water.
3. Add in your desired scent, then your preferred colorant. Stir the mixture well.
4. Pour the mixture into your baking pan and let it cool under a shade.
5. Once it has cooled, but still soft, use your cookie cutter or molds to cut out different shapes.
6. Set aside for a minimum of 24 hours to let the soap completely harden. Best results can be achieved if you can let the soap stand for 2 to 3 weeks.
You can make it more fun by adding ingredients such as finely ground oatmeal or green tea to add texture to your soap. You may add these ingredients together with your preferred scent in step 3.
Creating homemade soap is a lot of fun. If you want to know more about how to do this, or if you would like to get easy soap recipes like the one you just read, then check out the link below: